Does what it say on the (toilet) lid. Bit sceptical of the stay in place claim but got fed up of tightening the outside toilet seat and then yesterday the hinges broke completely. Ordered this replacement from amazon at 15. 30 and it arrived at 11am the next day. Easy to fit -i applied a bit of vaseline on the nylon threads first to lubricate them – and fitted as per instructions. A very tightly fitting toilet seat and, i reckon on seeing the ingenious little gizmo that locks everything, one that will stop that way. I’ll add to this review after a few weeks to update on progress. It has been in place for months now. Hasn’t moved even a smidgen.
Good toilet seat , but keep it clear from anything with bleach in it. We know from our last one , this is a replacement.
Here are the specifications for the Bemis Chicago STAY TIGHT Toilet Seat:
- Stays Tight with STA-TITE – patented fixing system that WILL NOT LOOSEN! Simple, “no mess” installation ensures your seat STAYS TIGHT on the ceramic
- ADJUSTABLE plastic hinges
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – made from responsibly sourced woods and water based paint. LUXURY look and feel. This seat is proudly manufactured in USA and assembled in GREAT BRITAIN.
- Fits MAJORITY of manufacturers universal shaped ceramics
- The Best Seat in the House®
Just what i needed to replace broken loo seat.
Cream toilet seat very easy to put on and it stays nice and firm. Cream toilet seat very easy to put on and it stays nice and firm.
Reviews from purchasers :
- This really is something to ‘go on’
- Does what it say on the (toilet) lid
- A seat that will stay put no matter how big your bum is!
This really is something to ‘go on’. This has got to be the best loo seat i have ever purchased. The colour is champagne, no longer fashionable but many people have these suites installed some 20 years ago so need replacement fittings from time to time, the colour match was great. Whilst it is ‘moulded wood’ it is entirely coated in its coloured finish so no moisture ingress possible. The seat is solidly constructed so yes you can sit on the closed lid (unlike so many plastic seats). What is amazing is the american patented fixings, every previous seat i have installed has slipped from side to side due to the vaguaries of the casting of the fixing holes in the porcelain, with the fixings supplied the new seat is rock solid on the pan. I only wished i had discovered these years ago.
Excellent product, colour match and fit.